Animal Care Club Hosting Bake Sale Fundraiser on May 19th

Chris Murphy, Staff Writer

Today, Fri. May 19, Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School’s Animal Care Club is hosting a fundraising bake sale. The sale will be held directly after school by door 12.

The money raised will be going to various animal shelters depending on how much is raised. In the past, the club has worked with Best Friend, a foster organization in Cranford and the money donated will go towards helping animals around our community.

“All year we have worked to get these animals the support that they need by donating, fundraising and volunteering,” VicePresident, Sarah Alnaserri said.

In addition to funding nearby shelters, the club is also providing a free special pet treat with each purchase. Each item will cost around $1-$3 and cash is the only payment method.

The club hopes to sell all the baked goods before the end of the fundraiser in order to raise the most amount of money possible.

“I’m volunteering at the fundraiser because all proceeds are going to animal shelters and I’d love to be a part of that,” sophomore Chelsea Martin said.

The club encourages everyone to attend the fundraiser. Students who are not currently a part of the Animal Care Club are also invited to join the event.

“We also hope to raise awareness about our club by having our fundraiser right after school in order to hopefully spark some interest in students and possibly recruit some new members,” Alnaserri said.

All donations and contributions are greatly appreciated. The club is always looking for new members and anyone interested in animals or interested in volunteering are welcome to stop by during the club’s meetings.