A Spectacular Gist of a Review: “On My Block” Seasons 1- 4

Dylan Klein, Photo Editor

Spoiler free! 

And just like that “On My Block,” the Netflix original series is over in a blink of an eye. From Monse and the rest of her crew fighting over who will find the rollerworld money, to everyone trying to save Caesar from his gang, there was never a dull moment in Freeridge, Los Angeles.”On My Block” will have you on the edge of your seat no matter the episode.

In a rough Los Angeles area, four intelligent yet funny teens form a bond so strong that they think their friendship is unbreakable. The location in “On My Block” – known as Freeridge –is notorious for its high crime rates, drug rates and poverty. 

When Monse, Caesar, Ruby and Jamal start highschool, they navigate growing up and the problems that come with it. 

As the seasons go on, their high school careers whizz by. The four friends face great challenges such as dealing with gangs, violence and drama. All characters start to fear about their future and what’s to come, in hope of getting through it together. 

Dealing with friendships in high school can be really challenging. Especially when you have a million different things going on around you. I am truly satisfied with how it ends because I am aware of the characters’ development throughout the show. And no, don’t worry, I won’t spoil it for you! 

“On My Block” keeps the audience involved by wanting to watch more. It keeps you invested throughout the whole show, because it’s such a soapy teen drama. 

If you are interested in a teen drama that can be very entertaining and relatable, I absolutely recommend “On My Block.” It’s such a great show, is easy to follow and is easy to binge. 

So stop wondering what your next show to watch on Netflix should be. Watch “On My Block.”