To all the Boys I’ve Loved Before, a third movie set to release

Charlotte Pollack, Entertainment Editor

The Netflix original movie, To all the Boys I’ve Loved Before, is getting ready to have it’s third and final movie in the series to be aired on Netflix. With the first movie receiving a lot of attention and praise from rom-com lovers, the second movie received somewhat less publicity, To all the Boys I’ve loved before: P.S. I still Love you. The sequel had been released around this time last year. The final movie is entitled, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 3: Always and Forever, Lara Jean.

The movie stars Lana Condor and Noah Centineo as main characters, Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky. They accompany Janel Parrish, Ann Cathcart, Jordan Fischer and Israel Broussard. However, should the series have been left off with a perfect love story and a happy ending? 

“Honestly I’m personally not the biggest fan of the movies,” junior Hanniyah Khurram said. “I wouldn’t mind if there wasn’t a third movie, but it also leaves the series off in an awkward way.”

The story follows Lara Jean and Peter Kavinksy through their love story after Lara Jean’s love letters had been mysterisoly sent out to all of her past crushes. The second movie continued their story and had again been wrapped up nicely. Now with the third movie coming out, viewers find themselves asking if it is really necessary. 

“I don’t think they should be including a third movie because the second one had resolved the conflict. I don’t know what other type of conflict they could add which wouldn’t be another guy,” junior Alyssa Warbeck said. “If I’m going to be honest, I want them to stay together. I think they might just be dragging it out because it was popular.”

The movie is set to come out on Netflix Feb. 12, 2021.

“I don’t think there needs to be a third movie,” freshman Olivia Gomez said. “ The second movie wasn’t that good and basically ended the same way it started, with the main couple still together.”