Interact Club organizes a mask sale to help local community

Jamie Frank, Photo Editor

The Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School Interact Club is eager to help fundraise for those in need in the local community and recently released information about their ongoing mask sale. In conjunction with the Scotch Plains Fanwood Rotary Club, the members of the Interact Club sewed masks to help fundraise for food banks in the local area.

Masks cost $5 and the last day to order them is on Dec. 8, 2020. There are a variety of masks, some of those being Christmas, Hanukkah and winter-themed. 

“Since the pandemic started students in the club have been making masks to sell,” senior Lily Holston said. “Everyone in the club is really nice and there’s a lot of opportunities to get involved.”

Lily Holston and her twin sister, Marley, have been members of the club since their sophomore year at SPFHS.

Marley Holston is the Vice President of the Interact Club and has helped organize various fundraisers throughout the school year so far. The two most notable fundraisers so far being the pumpkin sale that was hosted at the Frazze House in town and the ongoing annual luminary sale for Christmas. 

“All of the supplies like elastic and fabric [for the masks] are brought in by Mrs. Resnick who is a member of the rotary club,” Marley Holston said. “We continue to have meetings virtually and have been able to do some in-person volunteering which has been great!”

Interact Club aims to raise money for those in need and to give back to the SPF community. 

“We do a lot of community service in the club,” senior Taylor Hopkins said. “It’s something good for our community and for our towns. In the past, I’ve done things like making care packages for soldiers that included hats and gloves for the wintertime. I would definitely tell someone looking to join the club that they should absolutely go for it. It’s really nice to give back to our communities and the people in them!”

Masks can be bought by filling out the form below:
https://forms.gle/FBn4MLYqiVM2XCYS6